How to Get Rid of Pimples, Acne (Pimples)Home madeTreatment, Removal of Scars, Causes, Prevention
When hairs, sebum, and skin cells group together, they may form a plug, which serves as a breeding ground for bacteria. Soon, swelling sets in and as the plug starts to â€œbreak down,â€ the result is an unattractive pimple. There are no age limitations when it comes to pimples. While teenagers and young adults suffer a greater chance of reoccurrence, there are some individuals who never lose their susceptibility. Men and women in their 50s and 60s may still show signs of acne outbreaks
A pimple, also known as a zit or spot is a small papule or pustule; small skin lesions or inflammation of the skin – they are oil glands (sebaceous glands) that are infected with bacteria, become inflamed, and then fill up with pus.
Pimples are caused when the sebaceous glands located at the base of hair follicles become overactive; the most vulnerable parts of the body are the face, back, chest and shoulders.
Types Of Pimples:
Known as a closed comedo. These are very small and remain under the skin, appearing as a small, flesh-colored papules.
Known as an open comedo. These are clearly visible; they are black and appear on the surface of the skin. Some people mistakenly believe they are caused by dirt, because of their color, and scrub their faces vigorously – this does not help and may irritate the skin and cause other problems.
These are small, solid, rounded bumps that rise from the skin. The bumps are often pink.
Pustules – these are pimples full of pus. They are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. The base is red and the pus is on the top.
These are morphologically similar (similar structure) to papules, but larger. They can be painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
These are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are filled with pus and are usually painful. Cysts commonly cause scars.
Causes ofÂ Pimples:
Pimples form when skin pores become blocked. There are numerous factors associated with the cause of pimples that you may or may not have already heard of. Some of these causes can be managed through lifestyle changes and healthy hygiene habits, while others simply lead to an unfortunate luck of the draw. Below you will find a list of possible pimple causes:
As if being a teenager wasnâ€™t hard enough, the raging hormones in the body increase during this time in a young man or womanâ€™s life. This increase is responsible for the higher incidence of clogged oil glands, which cause an outbreak of pimples. The final result: every teenagerâ€™s nightmare â€“ acne.
The hormones of a woman run wild during pregnancy, prompting changes in the body that produce pimples.
Â *Birth Control Pills:
When starting a new form of birth control pill or stopping their use altogether, some products have been known to cause pimples. If this is a concern for you, asking your gynecologist to help you select pills that do not have this side effect is recommended.
Teenage girls and adult women are at risk for pimples as they approach the start of their next period. This is when hormone levels start to fluctuate and menstrual cramps set in.
Some prescription drugs are known to cause blemishes on the face, neck, and back.
The type of makeup you put on your face can clog your pores, which could lead to an acne outbreak. When selecting cosmetics, you should seek out hypoallergenic items, as well as non-greasy or oily beauty products.
Family trees are pretty strong and if your parents had their fair share of pimples in the past, chances are you will too.
Now that you know the main causes of pimples, you should also familiarize yourself with some of the factors that makes this condition worse. Wearing tight clothing or head gear, such as bike helmets and sweaty bandannas could apply too much pressure for your pores to handle. In times of high humidity and pollution levels, pores may also suffer when you spend too much time outdoors.
Some Suggestion for your Help:
- Though, fried and fatty foods do not cause Pimples by themselves, still they do not even help in the process of healing. Self control is the essence of any favorable treatment. Caffeinated and sugary products tend to produce toxins which are harmful for the overall health. Moreover, over consumption of junk food may prove to be unfavorable for the healing process.
- Drink lots of water. Not only does drinking lots of water help regulate toxins out of the body, but promotes good health anyways. Drinking lots of water has an effect on acne because the more efficient your body is running, the better it can fight those infections in your pores!
- Â Pick the RIGHT skin care product! If you have oily skin DO not use product that dries your skin .These products will help remove current pimples, but the body in turn produces MORE oil since your skin is so much drier and results in more clogged pores (acne)!
- Eat healthy! Sorry folks, but greasy foods are not good – for anything. Not only do they raise our cholesterol levels and make our butts bigger, but they provide the extra oil and grease to clog our pores.
- Exercise. Exercise keeps the body continuously working, and improving. The better shape your body is in, the less stress it has. Less stress = less acne.
Â Home Remedies for Pimples:
- Add lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities and apply this mixture on the affected area for about half an hour. Regularly following this remdial procedure for about three to four weeks is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Pimples.
- Honey is also considered good for skin. Applying a mixture prepared from three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder over night is another popular natural cure for this irritating problem. This natural remedy is sure to give encouraging results if religiously followed for at least two weeks.
- A facial mask consisting of grated apple and honey serves as an effective home treatment for Pimples and Acne.
- Rubbing garlic on the affected area several times in a day is one of the most effective though smelly natural home remedies for Pimples. For quicker results, garlic should also be taken internally.
- Regularly applying the pulp of ripe tomatoes on the face for about an hour or so helps in the effective treatment of Pimples. Cucumber pulp can also be used in the same way with the same results.
- Simply applying freshly extracted mint juice serves as one of the easiest possible natural home remedies for Pimples.
- Applying a mixture of coriander juice and some turmeric is an effective home remedy for Pimple treatment. Alternatively, if coriander juice is not available then mint juice can be used in its place.
- Â Add two to three teaspoons of dried basil leaves to one cup water and boil the mixture for about 15-20 minutes. Cool the mixture and then apply it on the affected area. This therapeutic home remedy should be followed on a regular basis to get rid of Pimples naturally.
- Mix some water in a mixture of crushed margosa (neem) leaves and turmeric to make a fine paste. Finally, rub the resultant mixture on the Pimples and leave it on the skin for about half an hour to heal Pimples successfully and remove the left over scars too.