Building Self-esteem, Create Better Self Confidence
Itâ€™s easy to get lost in a vague fear â€“ or very improbable scenarios â€“ of what might happen if you go through with something. When you really ask yourself what the worst thing that could happen you get a clearer picture, a bit of fear vanishes and you discover that the potential consequences are seldom as frightening as you first thought. By doing this you define the potential consequences and also discover that whatever the might happen you can manage and recover from it.
When you break out of your comfort zone and try something you havenâ€™t before you not only challenge yourself. You expand your own limitations and your confidence in your own abilities, in how many things you can actually do. By trying something new on a continual basis you can also lessen your fears and live a life with less barriers and limitations.
Â Use inspiring and motivating music to pump up yourself before leaving for a night out, before a big test or meeting, before anything that might make your confidence unstable. This works pretty well as a temporary state-booster.When we think negatively about ourselves, we often project that feeling on to others in the form of insults and gossip. To break this cycle of negativity, get in the habit of praising other people. Refuse to engage in backstabbing gossip and make an effort to compliment those around you. In the process, youâ€™ll become well liked and build self confidence. By looking for the best in others, you indirectly bring out the best in yourself.
Build Self Confidence throught these 5tips:
- Great rule to follow is â€œspend twice as much, buy half as muchâ€. Rather than buying a bunch of cheap clothes, buy half as many select, high quality items. In long run this decreases spending because expensive clothes wear out less easily and stay in style longer than cheap clothes. Buying less also helps reduce the clutter in your closet.
- The easiest ways to tell how a person feels about herself is to examine her walk. Is it slow? tired? painful? Or is it energetic and purposeful? People with confidence walk quickly. They have places to go, people to see, and important work to do. Even if you arenâ€™t in a hurry, you can increase your self confidence by putting some pep in your step. Walking 25% faster will make to you look and feel more important.
- Best ways to build confidence is listening to a motivational speech. Unfortunately, opportunities to listen to a great speaker are few and far between. You can fill this need by creating a personal commercial. Write a 30-60 second speech that highlights your strengths and goals. Then recite it in front of the mirror aloud (or inside your head if you prefer) whenever you need a confidence boost.
- In schools, offices, and public assemblies around the world, people constantly strive to sit at the back of the room. Most people prefer the back because theyâ€™re afraid of being noticed. This reflects a lack of self confidence. By deciding to sit in the front row, you can get over this irrational fear and build your self confidence. Youâ€™ll also be more visible to the important people talking from the front of the room.
- We focus too much on ourselves and not enough on the needs of other people. If you stop thinking about yourself and concentrate on the contribution youâ€™re making to the rest of the world, you wonâ€™t worry as much about you own flaws. This will increase self confidence and allow you to contribute with maximum efficiency. The more you contribute to the world the more youâ€™ll be rewarded with personal success and recognition.Too often we get caught up in our own desires.
How high is your self-esteem?need to know:
- People who have an appropriate value of themselves mostly cope with life’s problems better than people who don’t.
- They tend not to stay in bad relationships â€“ because they have the confidence to know that they would be better living alone than with someone who is damaging them or their morale.
- They rarely develop addictions to drink or drugs â€“ or get deeply depressed either.
- Of course, they have their difficulties, just like we all do. But they are better equipped to survive them than individuals who have insufficient regard for themselves.
- Interestingly, a lot of men and women who appear confident â€“ particularly in their careers â€“ actually have quite low self-esteem when it comes to valuing their basic selves. This is tough on them, because no one suspects that they are insecure underneath or that they need help.
- Self-esteem is all about how you estimate yourself. And the fact is that if you don’t rate yourself very highly, others won’t either.
Many of these suggestions can only boost your confidence temporarily. But this can allow you to do something you may not have been able to do before. And as you do it you build a deeper confidence in yourself. And collect concrete proof that you can actually do and achieve a lot of things.