What are the Benefits of Bananas? Uses of Banana.
You might be surprised to hear this health benefit of bananas; yes, bananas reduce the risk of heart diseases as well as lowers blood pressure levels. How? Bananas are rich in potassium, which is very vital for the muscle contraction and proper functioning of the heart and nervous system. Do you know how much of potassium is required a day? It is just 4g and you get this by eating a banana. Isnâ€™t this health benefit of banana amazing? Bananas consist mainly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, which makes them ideal for an immediate and slightly prolonged source of energy.Banana, the once-exotic fruit, has found its way into our daily lives. Whether sliced over cereal or blended in a smoothie, here are maney great reasons to include about four bananas a week in your diet.
Beneï¬ts of Banana:
- According to a study eating bananas as part of a regular diet can reduce the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%.
- One banana has 11% of the RDA of dietary ï¬ber and only about 108 calories. The ï¬ber in bananas not only keeps digestion regular, but also helps maintain low blood sugar and curbs overeating.
- Healthy Digestive Tract Bananas can diminish the uncomfortable effects of diarrhea and constipation. The high amounts of potassium in bananas can restock electrolytes that are easily depleted when suffering from diarrhea — potassium being an important electrolyte itself. Furthermore, bananas can relieve the body from constipation and help restore regular digestion with pectin, a soluble polysaccharide that helps normalize the digestive tract.
- Studies show that the high amounts of potassium in bananas (over 13% of the RDA) can lower one’s blood pressure, which in turn lessens the possibility of atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Along with lowering blood pressure, potassium prevents the weakening of the body’s bones. A high sodium intake, which is typical of many American diets, can cause excessive amount of calcium to be lost through the urine, which threatens not only the strength and general health of the bones, but also negatively affects blood clotting, proper muscle contraction, and normal nervous system function. The potassium found in bananas neutralizes the high amounts of sodium in one’s diet, thus allowing for healthy amounts of calcium to remain within the body.
- The potassium in bananas is not the only means to ensure healthy levels of calcium in the body. Bananas also contain high levels of fructooligosaccharide (FOS) that–along with insulin–promotes calcium absorption. FOS further nourishes healthy bacteria in the colon that manufacture vitamins and digestive enzymes that boost the body’s overall ability to absorb nutrients.
- B12 they contain, as well as potassium and magnesium: these substances help the body
recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Bananas are high in potassium, which helps normalize the hearthbeat and regulate the bodyâ€™s water balance. During periods of high stress, our bodyâ€™s potassium levels tend to be rapidly depleted: eating bananas is a healthy way to rebalance them without using
- Consuming at least 3 servings of fruit per day have a reduced risk (by 36%) of developing
Â Â Â age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), the primary cause of vision loss in older.
Banana facial mask:
This mask is great to moisturize the face and gives you a nice healthy glow and beautiful soft skin!
Banana is pretty much a staple when it comes to the preparation of natural skin care recipes.
It is easy to find, it is cheap and can be used for all kinds of recipe.
Simply mash a very ripe banana with about 2 tablespoons of honey (manuka is best) and spread over a clean face, leave the mask on for as long as possible and rub it around before you rinse it off.
Usually recommended for normal skin type, it can be turned into a mask for any skin type. Add a bit of olive oil to it and you’ll get a dry skin mask. Mix it with a strawberry, or some honey (like in your recipe), and there’s a great mask for oily skin type.
Tip: You may want to do this in the shower as it can be a bit messy
For skin open pores and natural moisturising:
We warm this recipe in the microwave before applying so that the pores open and natural moisturising of the skin occurs : banana face mask
Â Â Â half cup of natural yogurt
Â Â Â 1 tablespoon of honey
Â Â Â Â½ banana
Â Â Â Porridge oats to bind together
Mix the yogurt, honey and banana together, then add enough porridge oats to bind the mixture together. Put the mixture into the microwave for 1 minute to heat. Apply to your face and neck area while still warm and leave for at least 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water. .