Custard that makes used of delicious fresh raspberries. Raspberry Custard is a very spicy, tasteful, tantalizing, tempting recipe.It’s very delicious and yummy recipe.
- 1-1/2 pints of raspberries.
- 1/2 pint of red currants.
- 6 ounces of sugar.
- 7 eggs.
- 1 dessert spoonful of cornflour (cornstarch).
- Take a large mixing bowl. Mix the fruit, and let it cook from 5 to 10 minutes with 1 pint of water.
- Strain the juice well through a piece of muslin or a fine sieve. There should be 1 quart of juice; if necessary, add a little more water.
- Return the juice to the saucepan, add the sugar and reheat the liquid; when it boils thicken it with the cornflour, then set it aside to cool.
- Beat up the eggs, add them carefully after the fruit juice has somewhat cooled.
- Stir the custard over the heat until it thickens, but do not allow it to boil, as the eggs will curdle.
- Serve cold in custard glasses, or in a glass dish poured over macaroons or sponge cakes.
You can make a fruit custard in this way, with strawberries, cherries, red currants, or any juicy summer fruit.