Marinate Chicken Tandoori Kabobs Recipe
This Chicken Marinate Chicken Tandoori Kabobs recipe is simple, tasty. Serve kabobs with raita and naan or basmati rice. This Asian-style dish features tender marinated kabobs of chicken served to family and friends….
- fat-free yogurt – ½ cup
- chopped fresh ginger – 1 T
- clove garlic, chopped – 1 T
- garam masala – 2T
- ground coriander – 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it) – ¼-½ teaspoon
- weet paprika – 1 teaspoon s
- turmeric (optional) – ¼ teaspoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
- fresh lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- grapeseed, vegetable or other neutral-flavored oil – 2 teaspoons
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 18-20 oz), trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Grapeseed or vegetable oil for brushing the grill
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- First to make the marinade for the chicken, place the first 12 ingredients (through oil) in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a glass baking dish.
- Pour the marinade on top.
- Stir to coat all of the chicken pieces with the marinade. Marinate the chicken at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Now heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat and brush the grill with oil. Thread the chicken onto 8 wooden or metal skewers (about 9 inches in length).
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes first to prevent burning. Grill the kabobs about 10 minutes until the meat is cooked through, turning them over halfway through. Remove them from the grill.