Lemon Summer Squash, Homemade Lemon Squash Recipe
Lemon squash is the easiest to make. You can make your own fresh lemon or citrus juice any time of the year for parties or simply for very healthy every day drinking. LemonÂ squash can help those people who suffer from high blood pressure and other related problems. A great natural source of potassium, lemon provides relaxation from such symptoms as nausea, dizziness, mental stresses, headaches, anxiety and depressions.The best thing about this drink is you know what’s gone into it.A Homemade Lemon Squash Recipe easy and tasty.
Makes: approx 1Â½ liters
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 10mins
- Lemon juice – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Water – 1Â½ liter
- Â Â Â Wash the lemons and squeeze the juice.
- Â Â Â Store the lemon juice in a steel container and keep in fridge.
- Â Â Â In heavy bottomed steel vessel mix the sugar and water.
- Â Â Â Keep to boil on a medium flame stirring continuously.
- Â Â Â After a boil, add 2 -3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Â Â Â Mix well.
- Â Â Â Continue boiling till 2 more boils.
- Â Â Â Remove from gas and cool completely.
- Â Â Â Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Â Â Â Strain the syrup.
- Â Â Â Add the essence and colour and K.M. Sif you want to preserve it for a longer time.
- Â Â Â Â Pour in dry sterilised bottles.
- Â Â Â Pour 3-4 tbsp lemon squash in a tall glass and add sufficient water and crushed ice.
- Â Â Â Garnish with finely chopped mint leaves and a dash of rock salt if you like.
- Â Â Â You can store this is fridge and use it upto one year.