My Favourite Bihari Kabab, Bihari Kabab Recipe
A Bihari Kabab only becomes unhealthy if you add salad dressing and/or garlic sauce. Chilli sauce isn’t so bad because it speeds up your metabolism, which helps your body to burn fat quicker.
- 1 kg very tender beef cut into 1″ thick strips
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp star anise powder
- 1/2 tsp mace powder
- 2 tbsps raw papaya paste
- Salt to taste
- Fry the onions in the oil till soft. Drain on paper towels and grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix the onion paste, all the spices with the yoghurt and add the beef strips to this mix.
- Add salt to taste and set aside for 8-10 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the raw papaya paste to the yoghurt and beef mix about 1 hour before you are ready to cook the kabab.
- Thread 8-10 beef strips onto each skewer and grill till cooked.
*Serve immediately with piping hot Naans.