Benefits of Rose Water, Discover Health Treasure
Rose water is used in cosmetics for its lovely scent, but also because it has light astringent properties. As the gentlest of all astringents, rose water is often used as toner for fair and dry skin.
Generations of women have used rose water as part of their skin care regime. It isn’t uncommon to hear grannies extolling its benefits and not without reason.
Rose water and rose oil are one of the oldest skin care and grooming products. It used to be added to baths as also to treat mild skin conditions. They are found in many cosmetic products these days.
Rose water is a multidimensional natural gift it has many benefits within itself.
Here are a few ways how rosewater works wonders for you:
Since rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties, using rose water can help in reducing the redness from irritated or over-heated skin.
- It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores. Thus preventing acne and pimples.
- It has astringent like properties, which is why it is used after facials and clean ups to close open pores. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
- The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional wellbeing, thereby making you look relaxed. Since it is de-stressing, it helps you sleep better which means you will wake up feeling fresh.
- The best and easiest way to use it is to apply it at night. It helps clear all impurities that your face has collected through the da
- It has been widely used for therapeutically for digestive problems. It has widely used for influencing digestion, bile secretion. Womb disorder and circulation. Rose hip tea is excellent for diarrhea, in bladder infection.
- It is best astringent and tonic for blood capillaries.
- It contain vitamin A , B3 ,C ,D, E,.and many important minerals as zinc.
- Â Skin care effects are no doubt hidden by any one. It is used for all skin but especially to recover the oily skin, and have soothing effect on irritating skin.
- In foods it is widely used to flavor them, and in juices to increase their refreshing ability.
- Rose hips are also used for preparing rose water. These are rich in essential vitamins. Essential vitamins include vitamin A, B3, C, D and E. Antioxidants, flavonoids, zinc and tannins are also found in rose water. These all improve the texture and health of skin.
Rose Water for Face:
Â 1-The astringent property of rose water makes it an ideal toner for people with sensitive skin. You can put 2-3 drops of rose water on a cotton ball and use it for wiping your face after a tiring day. It will refresh your skin and remove adhering dust and dirt.
2-Using rose water alone is excellent to have a glowing skin. However, you can add glycerin and witch hazel to increase its moisturizing effect. Combine together Â½ cup of rose water, Â¼ cup witch hazel and 3 drops of glycerin to prepare a skin toner.
3-To flaunt an adorable skin, apply rose water alone or homemade rose water toner after cleansing (but before moisturizing) everyday. For oily skin, use less amounts of glycerin in making toner. Whereas, people having dry skin will benefit from moderate amounts of glycerin.
4-It is also effective for treating acne on face. Using the above mentioned homemade toner helps in reducing acne, tightening pores and minimizing aging lines. In case of minor injury and skin irritations, applying rose water will soothe the condition and quicken the healing period.
5-You can add a few drops of rose water while making facial mask. It will cleanse and purify skin and at the same time, keep the skin hydrated. Overall, using rose water on the face makes the skin rejuvenated and soft to touch.
Cleaning face with glycerin and rose waterÂ for healthy looking skin:
Glycerin and rose water is an excellent remedy for cleansing your face, and it is an excellent solution for all skin types. However, if you want to get rid of pimple marks, you need to be aware that this alone will not be enough. As a matter of fact, this is a part of the process you would employ to cleanse your skin. To start with, you should be aware that there are few chances of getting rid of pimple marks altogether. This chance also diminishes if your pimple marks are older, as it is tougher to get rid of older marks than it is to remove relatively newer ones. The answer to your second question is that no, it is not suitable to use lime juice for dry skin. Lime juice is acidic in nature, and it will leach your skin of whatever little moisture it may have. For any remedial measure, it is avoidable to use lime juice altogether. Depending upon what you are using it for, there are several alternatives you can use instead. In order to clean your skin of pimple marks, you would need to follow a regular routine of cleansing, toning and moisturization. This will not only help you get rid of the scars you have developed, but will also help to improve the texture of your skin overall.
Using rose water and glycerin to cleanse is an ideal way to start. Make this a nightly routine for excellent results. After cleansing, apply a good toner and moisturize for both of these products to work well overnight. For your scars in particular, you can make a paste of sandalwood and rose water and dab this on. Leave it till it dries and wash with water. Try to do this every night. You can also make a pasty mixture of gram flour and milk and apply this to your face. Leave it on till it dries out and then use the palm of your hand to rub this off your face. It will come off in layers, and while this process may be a slightly painful affair, it will definitely show results in terms of excellent skin. It will also help with removal of deep seated scars. An excellent topical solution is to apply is aloe vera gel. This will also help with lightening your scars to a large degree. Fresh yogurt can also be applied to your scars to get rid of them.
Rose Water For Your Eyes:
- For any eye pain or fatigue, gently dip a cloth in rose water and place it on your eyelids for a soothing feeling that helps cool your eyes.
- Each morning upon waking (either before or after using the toilet), fill your mouth with water and hold for a few seconds with your eyes closed. Spit it out and repeat 2-3 times.
- Â Splash your eyes and face with cool or slightly warm water 10-15 times. Repeat again in the evening when you return from work or school.
Stop Computer Fatigue:
If you have to stare at a computer screen up close for your job, or spend long hours doing any detailed close-up work, use these tips to banish eye fatigue.
1. Every thirty minutes, look away from the computer and palm your eyes (see above). You can also get up for a short break, stretch or make a phone call.
2. Dampen two wads of cotoonwool with pure Organic Rose Water and place over closed eyes. Relax for 1o minutes with the pads over your eyes. Organic Rose Water has a cooling effect and is especially helpful for tired eyes. You can palm your eyes afterwards.
Never use hot or icy water on the eyes. Also avoid abrupt temperature changes. For instance, if you’re hot and sweaty, wait 10-15 minutes until your body adjusts before splashing cool water on your face and eyes.
You must be careful when purchasing rose water to buy only the 100 percent pure form. Often what is available in pharmacies and even some natural food stores is synthetic rose oil and water with preservatives added. Pure rose water is the distilled water of roses. It is usually made by stream distillation, and it smells heavenly and tastes delicious.