Why Is My Hair Breaking Off?, Ways to Stop Hair Breakage
If your hair is breaking off faster than it’s growing, it may seem like your hair isn’t growing at all. Unless you have a medical condition, your hair is growing, but retaining length is important for seeing this growth.
Look at where the breakage is occurring. Is it at the ends of your hair? Or is the breakage at the crown of your head? Depending where the breakage is can help you determine the reason.
When you have hair breakage in different places, it can give you split ends, make you hair seem thinner at the ends and give your hair an unhealthy look. But donâ€™t panic. There is a broken hair treatment you can perform to make your hair less visibly damaged and make the healthy hair stronger and less likely to break in the future.
Why Is Your Hair So Dry?
- Washing your hair too often, especially with a harsh shampoo, is a surefire way to strip moisture away. Heat from blow dryers, curling irons and electric curlers will also contribute to dryness.
- The causes of dry hair and scalp are most often interrelated. Environmental conditions have caused dry hair through overexposure to the sun and wind and the presence of minerals and chlorine in water used to wash our hair.
- Dry hair can also occur due to the result of swimming or bathing in pools and spas with chlorinated water, or hair treatments using perm chemicals, peroxide bleach, color developer, and hair relaxer chemicals. This can lead to uncontrollably frizzy hair or damaged hair.
- The use of hard water for bathing can cause dry hair & dry scalp. Are you aware that hard water can trigger scalp eczema or dandruff, thinning hair, and dry flaky skin? You need to be careful when you go to a salon and have your hair treated.Â It could be possible that hard water is used.
- Hard water has hair resistant to perming or coloring and may lead to hair loss.Â The water you use in washing your hair, scalp and skin comes from ground and surface water.
- Water hardness is determined by the level of calcium that is in the water either found naturally from the ground or put into the water by the treatment plant. While calcium is the element that determines hardness of water.
- There are many other elements in the water that affect the texture, volume, shine, control and health of hair.Â One of the minerals that effect hair dry and dry scalp is Calcium.Â Calcium is the mineral that determines hardness of water.Â Effects of calcium on hair are as follows:
- Calcium makes the hair feel dry and weighted down. It can cause a perm to appear relaxed. Calcium that builds up on scalp can cause flaking, giving the appearance of dandruff.
Some Homemade Suggestions to Stop Hair Breakage:
Try deep conditioning every 2 weeks with a home made mask. Some masks are Ade for your Hair Treatment. Apply and tell me about results.
- Olive oil helps nourish hair shaft and protects it against damage. For this remedy, warm Â¼ cup of olive oil. Take care that the oil does not start to bubble or shimmer when heating. Pour the warm olive oil in a bottle and add 5 drops of rosemary essential oil to it. Massage this oil into your scalp and cover the head with a shower cap for 15-20 minutes. Use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for washing off the oil. You can store this concoction for one month, away from sunlight.
- Elder Flower is Best Natural Treatment for Dry Hair. For Aplying on Hair Add two teaspoons of elder flower and comfrey root powder to 500 ml boiling water. Let the mixture stand for half an hour. Add 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar to the mixture and massage it to the scalp. Rinse with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Mashed Banana the best remedy for severely damaged hair is mashed banana. Mash a banana and add 5 ml of almond oil to it. Apply it to your hair and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse your hair as usual. If you run out of bananas, use can always use avocados in their place.
- Mayonnaise is Best Slution for Dammag Hair. Here is Homemad recipe for your Hair, Take plain mayonnaise and use it to coat hair completely. Wear a shower cap and allow it to sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse hair with your normal shampoo. Mayonnaise is one of the best damaged hair home remedies as it contains eggs, vinegar and oil that together help in restoring hair and locking in moisture to prevent further damage.
- Vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar is very good for treating damaged hair. Just mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to 1 1/2 cups water. Use this mixture to rinse your hair from roots to tips. Leave it for a few minutes and rinse off again. This will help moisturize dry hair and help give limp hair body and luster.
- Did you know that beer is not just for drinking, but you can use leftover beer to wash your hair? Beer helps in softening hair and maintaining pH balance. You will find your hair becomes shiny and untangled after rinsing hair with beer.
- Egg and Honey Hair Paste, Mix honey and eggs together and apply it to your hair. Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. This is a quick and effective remedy for dry and frizzy hair.
Note Down: If your hair is dry, try washing it just two or three times a week using a mild shampoo and a quality conditioner, which uses vegetable proteins to reconstruct extremely dry and damaged hair.